Thursday, April 16, 2020

REVOLUTION CONCEAL & DEFINE FOUNDATION

I've never been one to write a review quite like this one, but I have come to the conclusion that it is an important one for many a reason and you'll soon find out why.

I first picked up Revolution's Conceal & Define Foundation after hearing amazing things about it from an old manager of mine, I've since left that workplace to move across the country without a job (long story behind that one) and although I wouldn't usually wear base makeup to work I do think it is important to make yourself up for interviews, especially someone like myself where my skin is unruly and unpredictable.



Reading the title of the foundation is it pretty obvious that this is a full coverage option, perfect, maybe not my first for something I'd wear daily but as I said I'm not one to wear base makeup to work. So when I first decided to do a trial run of the application I wasn't shocked at the coverage, I was quite happy. This is a product where, if you wanted, you could skip the concealer step of your makeup routine and should just be able to build up where needed. There is one issue there though...

I found this foundation after one thin layer to quickly setting in and become caky, to not sit on the skin very nicely at all, clinging to all the little hairs on my face before shaving them off and then afterward found it to slip and slide across the skin a little too much, leaving streaks when buffed in. Across my chin the foundation sat on my pores, creating small lumps which almost looked like  small white heads until washed away. I also wondered when rereading up about this product what websites meant when they stated "it won't settle into fine lines" as I found around my eyes were I have developed some, that this full coverage foundation really accentuated those lines and made me appear much older than I am.



I don't think I spent much more than a half hour with this on my face in the hopes that it was a part of the settling process before deciding to wash the product away.

A few positives though is I don't think I have ever found another foundation that matches so closely to my skin tone. At first I thought that maybe the lighting in Priceline was helping the appearance of the match but after bringing it home and testing it out again I can confirm that it is almost completely spot on - I picked up shade F4. The doe foot applicator, I'm not sure if it is the most hygienic option but it is something I like as it leaves no mess to be cleaning up, in my opinion somewhat fine if your only using the foundation personally. Also packaging. I'm big on packaging - like most - and love the metallic shade of pink against the matte frosted bottle. 

One would say that for the price point you can't complain but you know I sure as hell will after I looked and felt the way I did. Thank god I tested this out before the prospect of any job interviews came about; not that that will be happening for some time now. A true shame this review is as I have tried a few other Revolution products I did think fondly of (see one review here).
And yes I did prime and set...

Have you tried this foundation? Were your experiences good or some similar findings? Would love to hear what you think below or if you have any tips for how I can get this foundation to work for me I'd also love to know, I'd hate to waste a full bottle of product.

No comments:

Post a Comment